Dr. Gary Blick has been providing expert care for prevention and treatment of sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) for 30 years. Health Care Advocates International offers comprehensive state-of- the-art screening and treatment for all STIs. Remember, most of the time, STIs have no symptoms! Dr. Blick and HCAI™ are available for your consultations regarding and prescribing of therapy for Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) to prevent you from acquiring HIV.
We also are available 24/7 for emergency/urgent Post-Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) for anyone possibly exposed to HIV following a needle-stick, sharing needles with someone suspected of having HIV, condom accidents/breakage, or unprotected receptive or insertive anal/vaginal intercourse. IF YOU WANT TO AVOID GETTING HIV FOLLOWING ANY OF THE ABOVE SCENARIOS, YOU MUST CONTACT US WITHIN NO MORE THAN 72 HOURS AFTER POSSIBLE EXPOSURE FOR PEP INITIATION.
- Please call ahead if possible so we can make preparations for your visit. In the rare case that we are at capacity, we may refer you to another site.
If you desire more information regarding PrEP, call for an appointment with Dr. Blick or Zaadia Arzu. If you desire to educate yourself regarding PrEP, you can click here (www.prepfacts.org) for more information.
If you desire more information regarding PEP, AND you believe you may have been exposed, CALL IMMEDIATELY to (203) 345-0404 M-F or walk in 9am-5pm for a same-day appointment. If you may have been exposed to HIV and it is Saturday or Sunday, call (203) 609-5602 immediately!
If you simply want more information regarding PEP, you can (Click here) for more information.
At HCAI, we offer you the following comprehensive sexual healthcare services:
- Sexually transmitted infection consultation, screening/diagnosis and treatment for syphilis, gonorrhea, chlamydia, herpes simplex virus Type-2, HPV, and hepatitis B and C;
- Risk reduction counseling and STI prevention education to minimize your risk for HIV, hepatitis B and C and STIs;
- On-site Rapid 20-minute HIV and Hepatitis C (HCV) testing; it may be more appropriate for you to have your HIV and/or HCV viral load tests drawn with results in 3-4 days;
- Preventative vaccinations for Hepatitis A and B, meningococcal meningitis, and shingles;
- Prevention against Herpes simplex Type-2;
- Consultation for On-Demand prevention of syphilis and chlamydia for those on PrEP who are within 72 hours of possible exposure.